Child benefit [kinderbijslag] and child-related budget [kindgebonden budget]

Child benefit is a contribution towards the care of children and is therefore paid to the carer. The child does not need to have a residence permit him or herself, but the carer needs to have such a permit. Child benefit should be applied for at the Sociale Verzekeringsbank [Social Insurance Bank].

Child-related budget is paid by the tax authorities. The Social Insurance Bank informs the tax authorities if the parent applies for child benefit.

If a person without a residence permit is registered at the same address as the applicant for the child-related budget, the applicant is not entitled to this. However, additional social assistance for the care of the child can be requested in that case, to replace the ‘Alleenstaande Ouder Kop (ALO-Kop)’.

Organisations Child benefits

Found 4 listings