Rights category Health Care

What can I do in an emergency?

In acute situations, such as an accident or life threatening situation:
Call 112 for an ambulance (toll free).
● Or go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital.
For urgent issues call your doctor during the day. Tell at the phone it’s urgent. Evenings or weekends call the Centrale Huisartsenpost. It is important that you are familiar with a doctor in your neighbourhood.and your family are registered with a doctor practice. The cost depends on the care needed. If you can not pay and that is demonstrated, then the doctor will be reimbursed by Het CAK. If you are not registered with a doctor then see the section Visiting a Doctor