Rights category Housing and Shelter

I have no residence permit and no money, where can I go?

Most people without a residence permit have little money as well and for them it is hard to survive. In some situations it is possible to be given shelter and support.

LVV (Landelijke Vreemdelingen Voorziening) and BBB (Bed Bad Brood)

After the decision of the European Comittee for Social Rights in 2014, some municipalities set up special night shelters for undocumented migrants who resided in the city, the so-called Bed-Bad-Brood Shelters. In 2018, the national government together with local governments started a national pilot in five cities to offer guidance and shelter to a selected group of undocumented migrants. Aim is to find durable solutions for the people concerned. These LVVs currently exist in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Groningen. To make use of this offer, you should report at the local Loket.

In some other cities, BBB’s still exist.

Social support act (WMO): support in a shelter for the homeless and in crisis support

The municipality is responsible for shelters for the homeless within the municipal boundary. In most municipalities the shelters for the homeless refuse people without residence permits. In some municipalities, the shelters for homeless are also shelters for undocumented migrants.

Organisations Emergency shelter

Found 12 listings