Rights category Housing and Shelter

Social support act (WMO, Wet Maatschappelijke Opvang): women’s shelter

Women’s shelters are obliged to help women who have fallen victim to domestic or sexual violence; this also applies to women without residence permits. In 2020 the WMO [Wet Maatschappelijke Ontwikkeling] has been amended, so that Womens Shelters can also get paid for the shelter they offer to undocumented women, provided that the woman applies for a residence permit as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of human trafficking and is thus legally residing.

Shelters for undocumented women

Women without a residence permit who are not victims of domestic violence can sometimes find shelter in local reception centers for undocumented migrants.

Organisations Women’s shelters

Found 10 listings